Terms & Conditions
Lochan Mor Lodge, Aviemore, Scotland | holidaysinaviemore.com
Our accommodation is non smoking. We would be obliged if guests would observe this.
When you confirm your booking by the payment of a deposit, or the full cost of the booking, you are entering into a contract between the person signing the booking form (‘the hirer’) and holidaysinaviemore. Please read the following conditions of let carefully, and ask for an explanation of any point that may be unclear to you.
1. The rental period runs from 16.00 hrs on the day of arrival until 10.00 hrs on the day of departure.
2. A firm booking will be made on receipt of a completed booking form, either on-line or in writing, and a deposit paid to the value of 33% of the total rental due. The hirer is then liable for payment of the balance of the total sum due. The remainder of balance due should be received six weeks prior to arrival. In the event of bookings made within six weeks of the arrival date, the full amount will be due at the time of booking.
3. The accommodation rented should be kept clean and in good condition and any breakage’s reported immediately. If excessive cleaning or replacement of breakages or repairs for any damage is required, at the discretion of HolidaysinAviemore, then these additional costs will be levied against the hirer. All bookings will attract a security deposit of £100 against which any repair of damage or excessive cleaning costs or replacement of breakages, can be offset. This must be paid when the final payment for the rental is made. The security deposit (or any remaining balance) will be returned to the hirer as soon as possible by HolidaysinAviemore – usually within seven days. In the event that the cost of putting right the property owing to damage or negligence by the hirer exceeds the security deposit, then HolidaysinAviemore will persue the hirer for any outstanding amounts.
4. In the event of a cancellation up to six weeks prior to the arrival date, the deposit will be refunded only if HolidaysinAviemore subsequently re-lets the cancelled period. Any cancellation made within six weeks of the arrival date will result in the total loss of the full amount of the booking unless the cancelled period, as above, can be re-let. Any discounts made to facilitate the re-letting will be retained from any refunded amounts. The hirer is responsible for the arrangement of appropriate holiday cancellation insurance and, for the avoidance of any doubt; the owner provides no such insurance as part of the contract.
5. Only those persons listed on the booking form may occupy the booked accommodation. Sub-letting or assignation of the let is strictly prohibited. .
6. Personal property of hirers occupying accommodation is not the responsibility of HolidaysinAviemore. Vehicles and personal property are left at your own risk.
7. Hirers must not bring pets.
8. If for any reason the accommodation is not available to you on the dates booked due to events beyond our reasonable control, HolidaysinAviemore will take reasonable steps to find alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available, then all sums paid by the hirer will be refunded. HolidaysinAviemore will have no further liability to the hirer or any other party.
9. We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property – in any such case all moneys shall be refunded and the Contract terminated without further liability. We also reserve the right to terminate the Contract at any time or remove any person or persons due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to other guests. In such a case any refund would be entirely at the discretion of HolidaysinAviemore.
10. The properties let by HolidaysinAviemore are to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing(Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.,